- Facebook click rates are up. Publisher click rates have risen about 50% over the past 18 months.
- Instagram is a win/lose. Instagram posts crush those from other platforms in terms of engagement (nearly 50x). But because of Instagram’s design, the posts drive almost no click traffic.
- Holiday and weekend posts rule. Significantly fewer posts made on weekends and holidays mean less competition for user attention and more clicks for those posts that do go out.
- Nearly three-quarters of scheduled posts go out on the quarter-hour, or one minute later. This clustering behavior creates a content glut and leaves opportunity at almost every other minute of every hour.
- Video content outperforms other posts types on Facebook and Twitter. The average video post engagement is three to five times more than other post types.
- “Love” beats “Angry” on Facebook. Users are becoming more expressive on Facebook, and use of the “Love” reaction is growing faster than the “Angry” one.
Download the full report by filling out the form to the right.
SocialFlow VP of Strategy, Stephanie Fossan and Director of Client Services, Megan Smith present the findings of the report in a (less than) thirty-minute webcast. They break down each finding and even share some data not included in the report.